Tennis is a great way to get fit and there are no age barriers to playing the sport.
At The Albert Club, we cater for all ages and all abilities and help you make the most of your game.
We have three social tennis sessions both during the week and at weekends. These offer a range of opportunities and playing standards to suit our members.
- Tuesday Social 7pm - 9pm, 3 courts available. Free session. Member-led social providing a great opportunity for those returning to the game.
- Thursday Rusty Rackets 7pm - 9pm, 5 courts available. Cost is £3.50 per session. This session provides a great opportunity for those returning to the game, less experienced players and improvers who want a game of social tennis with a great group of people. The session is organised by Head Coach, Adam Bradshaw (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Saturday Social 2pm - 5pm, 6 courts available. Free session. Member-led social session. Players should be able to serve, volley and maintain a rally. If you find the standard of this session too intense, it is recommended you try Rusty Rackets or Tuesday Social.
We also run an extremely successful Singles Ladder with over 50 participants. Details of this are available from the Singles Ladder Administrator, Richard Hartley, on email@example.com
The club has five men's and three ladies summer league teams and five mixed winter league teams. We compete in the North East Cheshire and South West Manchester summer leagues, and the North East Cheshire winter league. The club also has junior teams competing in their own tournaments and leagues. If you are interested in playing team tennis please speak to a tennis committee member. Committee members’ names are on the notice board adjacent to the courts.
We are immensely proud of our tennis coaching. Our junior programme covers young people from 4 to 18 and works on several levels. We have high achieving juniors, playing graded tournaments and we have fun events for children who want to play a bit of recreational tennis. We also host a Junior Club Night on Fridays, 7pm - 8pm which is a fun way for all ages to get into tennis. £3 Members/£4 Non-members.
Group Sessions for Improvers and Intermediates:
- Monday 9.30am - 10.30am. £5 Members, £6 Non-members.
- Friday 9.30am - 10.30am. £5 Members, £6 Non-members.
(Please contact Adam Bradshaw)
A high energy fitness session that combines the best features of tennis with cardiovascular exercise. These sessions run twice a week, with Adam Bradshaw.
- Wednesday 9.30am - 10.30am. £5 Members, £6 Non-members
- Thursday 6.00pm - 7.00pm. £5 Members, £6 Non-members
- Adam Bradshaw (Head Coach) - Level 4. £20 per hour.
- Matt Chadwick (Assistant Coach) - Level 3. £18 per hour.
Adam Bradshaw (Head Coach) Tel: 075939230873 - Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Matt Chadwick Tel: 07960568201 - Email email@example.com
We hope you will enjoy being a member of the Albert Club and that you will make use of all its facilities
For full details of all our tennis events and activities see our Court Schedule at https://clubspark.lta.org.uk/thealbertclub/